Aurora Sound Studio - Music creation on the iPhone & iPod
Whether you are an experienced musician or don't have a musical bone in your body, you can make great music on your iPhone or iPod Touch
Aurora Sound Studio is our pattern based musical sequencing software for the iPhone & iPod Touch. By simply choosing a musical scale every note you play is in perfect tune, leaving you to make your own great sounding music.
If you are a more accomplished musician you simply switch Aurora to advanced mode and you get full control over the built in instruments and effects, as well as many advanced modes such as the Atomizer and XY Mode which allows you to manipulate sound in real-time. You can create your own instrument from recordings made using the built in microphone. Just think, a full drum kit of you beatboxing into the microphone!
Aurora allows a mixture of pattern based recording and live performance. You can piece together complete compositions or simply improvise a performance. All of which can be captured to a file, for use as a ringtones, or to share with others.
An integrated mixer, combined with the ability to add audio effects and layer automation means that you achieve a sophisticated sound in a fun and user friendly way.
Many great features including...
- Create up to 32 patterns with seamless transitions.
- Up to 14 layers (instruments) per pattern can be used.
- Song creation of up to 199 patterns.
- Choose between Basic and Advanced modes.
- Many popular musical scales available.
- Interchangeable instruments (drum kits, synthesizers and samplers).
- Layer Automation, allows real-time manipulation of program parameters,
- XY Mode allows smooth transitions between instruments, panning and effects etc.
- Atomizer mode allows real-time splicing and looping of audio.
- Full instrument editing and user patch creation.
- Real time key and tempo changes.
- Sample your own instruments using the internal microphone.
- Import samples to create new sampler and drum kits patches.
- Full sample loop editing.
- Add effects such as echo, reverb, phaser and filters etc.
- Transpose song and pattern function.
- Full Cut, Copy and Paste of patterns and layers.
- Fully integrated help and Guided Tour feature.
- Record to file functionality for exporting your masterpiece.
- Integrated 14 channel Mixer.
- Each layer can have different note lengths (from whole to 1/64th notes).
- Definable visual layer effects.
- Sample Accurate Timing.
- Fully configurable audio settings.
- Upload and share songs. [Aurora Song Library]
By: Warlock Wazir
This is fantastic. Create your own tunes in a variety of ways, save them to file and FTP them to your PC in wav format.
Creating tunes is easy and entertaining. After creating a block of up to 14 tracks you can assemble those blocks into full songs. The software supports up to 199 blocks, more than enough for your masterpiece.
You can also create your own samples and assign them to instruments, making the variety endless.
I lack natural musical ability but this is not an obstacle here. Having an ear for what sounds right is all that's required.
I contacted technical support with a query and received a personal reply within 12 hours, solving my query and thus prompting me to write this review.
I can't believe it was only £5.99. As the title say, I'm astonished!